[Histonet] Microwave slide drying

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org
Tue Nov 23 10:35:04 CST 2021

I have never used microwave drying for IHC slides.  I worry that if there is water trapped underneath the tissue section it might cause destruction of the tissue section if it is rapidly heated and "pops".  You could run a "side-by-side" comparison and see if you notice a difference.  Also, how would you monitor the temperature of the slide?  However, my philosophy has always been if it makes the process more efficient and/or less costly without changing the outcome, "do it".

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD
  Immunopathology/Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596 Office