[Histonet] Cryostat

MARR, Penelope (EAST SUSSEX HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST) penny.marr at nhs.net
Thu May 20 03:32:47 CDT 2021

Hi Brittany,
Personally I do not like the HM525NX.  It is awkward and difficult to control with no manual advance except the control panel.  When advancing /trimming you are never certain how far forward the block will travel.  The UV light fitting in the lid always seems to get in the way of my field of view.  Ours doesn't have temperature control of the block holder which can make sectioning more difficult.

Looking at the specs of the cryostar I would actually opt for the NX70.

Kind regards,
Penny :)

Penny Marr
Senior BMS