[Histonet] Specimen tracking scenario, accountability

Wooten, Jennifer Jennifer.Wooten at tricore.org
Tue Jun 22 13:11:49 CDT 2021

Hi Curt,
That sounds like a very difficult position to be in, especially with many of them not barcoded. Photo documentation might be your best bet; we use the Vantage tracking system throughout our process, and the Arcos system for tracking filed blocks once completed. You might want to reach out to Epredia to see if their Arcos system allows for scanning of trays without barcodes.

Good luck!

Jennifer Wooten, BA, BS, HTL (ASCP)CM
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Technical Supervisor | Anatomic Pathology | University Hospital
Jennifer.Wooten at tricore.org
Desk: 505.272.5486 | Fax: 505.272.0240
TriCore Reference Laboratories
2211 Lomas Blvd NE