[Histonet] Problems with DIF staining of C4d

O'Neil, Beth A. beth.oneil1 at wvumedicine.org
Tue Jun 8 12:31:55 CDT 2021

We perform manual DIF staining at our facility and C4d has always been a problem.  We end up repeating the stain more times than not due to lack of staining.  We aliquot the FITC and freeze at -70C until ready for use.  We also started doing the same with the C4d.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  My pathologist said it is not the FITC but the C4d itself.  I have contacted the manufacturer of my C4d but they are very slow to respond.  Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

Beth ONeil
WVU Medicine, JW Ruby Memorial Hospital