[Histonet] Sectioning problems with Fisher Replacement Paraffin

Bacon, Charles Charles.Bacon at baystatehealth.org
Tue Jul 6 13:22:25 CDT 2021

Hi Eric,

We use a great product from Polyscientific, called "Infiltrating/Embedding Paraffin Prills" Item Number: c827 https://www.polyrnd.com/product/infiltratingembedding-paraffin-prills/. I am in no way affiliated with this company so this is just a simple Histotech review. As the name suggests, it can actually be used for infiltration in processing and for embedding/microtomy.  I have used it at two different medical centers here in the Western Massachusetts area with great luck. I will tell you that we have Sakura processors and embedding centers. We use Leica RM2255  microtomes, and we do keep our blocks on ice while cutting. I hope this info helps.

Good luck,

Chuck Bacon, HTL(ASCP)CM
Supervisor Histology
Baystate Medical Center
361 Whitney Ave., Holyoke, MA 01040
Telephone: 413-322-4786  Fax: 413-322-4790
Charles.Bacon at baystatehealth.org