[Histonet] Sectioning problems with Fisher Replacement Paraffin

Gilchrist, Eric P Eric_Gilchrist at unc.edu
Tue Jul 6 08:19:15 CDT 2021

Good Morning,

When Fisher stopped producing The TissuePrep 2 Paraffin formulation last year, we were told by the Fisher rep that the new "Histoplast PE" was an equivalent replacement for the TissuePrep 2.  We have had nothing but irritation with this formulation with a magnitude increase in wrinkles and folds. In short, it is NOT an equivalent product.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Is the "Histoplast LP" any better?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Eric Gilchrist, Supervisor
UNC Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Laboratory

This communication may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from use or disclosure under state and federal law. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and the information should be kept confidential and secure. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, then destroy the entire communication and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.