[Histonet] Cryostat

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Tue Aug 10 10:46:34 CDT 2021

I'm not sure I understand why you would want to replace your 1850s just because Leica is closing the support.  I have 2 and they are real workhorses.  There are 2 independent companies in the area that can repair and perform PMs.  One is Bel-Air and the other is Advantik.  I'm sure there are others, but I've used both companies and can highly recommend them.  If you like your Leica, keep it until parts are no longer available, which could be years.
I have two 1850s and I'm sure they will be here for a long time.  Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
HNL Laboratories for
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
Ph: 215-938-3689
Fax: 215-938-3874
Today's Topics:

   1. cryostat (Histology)

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 13:00:30 +0000
Subject: [Histonet] cryostat
Hello,
Trying to get everyone's opinion on cryostats.  We have had the Leica CM1850 forever and it is not being supported by Leica anymore.  Thinking of trying a different company maybe Tanner or Rankin.  What does everyone use and like.  We do not cut Mohs, only DIFs.  Maybe 1 a day.
Thanks to all,
Mehndi Helgren
Dominion Pathology Laboratories
733 Boush Street