[Histonet] BenchMark ultra drawers

MARR, Penelope (EAST SUSSEX HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST) penny.marr at nhs.net
Fri Sep 25 18:24:59 CDT 2020

Greetings!
Earlier this month we had two slide drawers replaced.  Yesterday one of them opened during a run and would not close again.  Fortunately we were able to salvage the slide that was being stained in the drawer.  A little later I was removing the remaining few slides from the module and noticed wisps of smoke coming from the drawer.  I put the module in sleep mode and the drawer still would not close so I turned off the power.  As soon as I did this the drawer closed.

I phoned Roche and at their direction I turned the module on again and the drawer opened again immediately.  It would not go into ready mode so we tried operating the compressor manually but to no avail.  The drawer then made a crackling noise and smoke started coming out again.

Has anybody else had a similar experience???

Penny :)

Penny Marr
Senior BMS

C/- Histology