[Histonet] Controls

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org
Thu Oct 15 13:15:56 CDT 2020

I would recommend waiting at least 2 weeks after the case is signed-out in case additional testing needs to be performed, especially if the specimen contains cancer.  And, I would always make sure that you leave representative tissue in the block meaning don't consume the entire specimen when you cut your control sections unless the case has multiple blocks showing the same pathology.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD Immunopathology/Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102