[Histonet] Controls

Jacque Sagasser jsagasser at gandhigi.com
Thu Oct 15 11:46:32 CDT 2020

Good afternoon!

Could any of you tell me off hand how old patient tissue has to be before you can use it as a control? My lab has only been operating since February. We run quite a few Alcian Blue PAS stains a week, and my last control is getting sparse. I have some beautiful patient tissue that I could use if the time limit has been exceeded. I am trying to avoid purchasing controls because we are a small GI lab, and that eats into our operating costs. That said, if tissue has to be older than the amount of time our lab has been open, does anyone have a spare control they could pass on to me please? I would be willing to assist you with anything I am able to assist with in the future.

​Jacque R. Sagasser, HT (ASCP)cm
Gandhi GI Pathology, LLC
999 Brubaker Drive
Suite 1