[Histonet] BRAF testing

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org
Fri Mar 27 09:05:51 CDT 2020

This is a very difficult target to detect.  I was told recently by a vendor that one needs to use prolonged, very aggressive antigen retrieval (pressure cooker with high pH buffer) to get consistent results.  Also, the type of cancer may influence your success (colon vs. thyroid vs. melanoma).  I would be interested in knowing what others' experiences are.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD Immunopathology/Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596 (Office)
(860) 545-2204 (Fax)