[Histonet] [EXTERNAL] Re: Incomplete cross sections of all tissue in blocks

Perl, Alison aperl at caremount.com
Tue Mar 3 12:36:12 CST 2020

Each of our techs is responsible for fully facing their blocks and getting a representative section. If the docs see something is amiss (epidermis missing, incomplete cross section, etc), they can order a Technical Recut rather than a routine Recut. Unfortunately, it sounds like you (or someone else of authority), has to give some feedback/coaching that the sections are insufficient, particularly if it's a recurring problem. Is it one tech that needs a 1-on-1 convo, or a meeting with the whole staff to address widespread issues?

Alison Perl, HTL(ASCP)CM
Anatomic Pathology Manager
CareMount Medical
(914) 302-8424