[Histonet] Can't keep a good histo tech down

Eddie Martin edmartin26 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:42:19 CDT 2020

Hi Mike. I’m really sorry to hear that they’re terminating your role especially since you’ve filled that role for over 35 years at the same laboratory.

FYI: Pam Barker with Relia is advertising a lead Ht role in a growing Tampa Bay lab.

Pam’s number is 407-353-5070

I don’t want to just say “Best wishes in your new job search”.

If you would like to talk, there are other histology contract providers I can send your way or discuss further with you. My office number will be posted below. I can schedule a break from work and discuss with you.

For starters:
**Do you have a resume ready to go?
**Have you marketed yourself on job boards like indeed.com or monster.com?
**Have you created a LinkedIn account to friend potential future jobs or job related connections that might provide an introduction to a position you would be intrigued to pursue? Or even list tasks you’re highly skilled at?
**do you have a digital trail of posts you replied to that show your subject matter expertise or willingness to help others that you could bring up during interviews?
**being a subject matter expert in histology is too great a skill set to keep in place. Have you considered working as a vendor for histology products or applications like IHC or selling equipment like microtomes and stainers?
***or considered going solo as a consultant or MOHS technician?

Your former job may have given you a dis-service...But it’s up to you on how you can make that turn around for yourself. This could be an opportunity to expand your wings into other histology related venues if you so wish.

V/r,
Eddie Martin
NIH/CC/DLM Hematology Service
Team Leader