[Histonet] Tissue disposal

Dieringer, Connie J Connie.J.Dieringer at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Jan 29 12:54:33 CST 2020

Eileen,

I now work at a smaller facility, but when I worked for a large hospital, we did the same as what you described.  We would strain off the formalin and then dispose of the tissue in large biohazard bags and a waste company would come and pick it up.

Connie Dieringer, HTL(ASCP)
Chief Histologist

Department of Diagnostic & Biomedical Science | Oral Pathology Histology Laboratory
7500 Cambridge Street | Suite 6110 | Houston,TX  77054
713-486-4413 tel | 713-486-0415 fax
utoralpathology at uth.tmc.edu