[Histonet] Pregnant in histo lab. Am I safe?

Val L histology400 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 12:01:49 CST 2020

Sadly I have already been exposed to xylene several times as I cannot avoid
the smell. It’s everywhere. There are not enough vents in the lab. I don’t
know if it’s ignorance or malice but my manager and coworkers are not quite
informed about the dangers that a pregnant woman face in a histology lab.
They feel that if the lab passed a xylene vapor tests and give me a general
purpose respirator then that’s enough for me to be safe and I can do the
same work as everybody else. There is a negligent attitude regarding safety
in this laboratory. Also there has been a negative attitude towards
pregnant women like if they were are a burden in the lab.  It makes me
nervous to work here. I don’t think is a healthy work environment.