[Histonet] Formaldehyde test kit question

Anne Murvosh amurvosh at advancederm.net
Tue Feb 4 14:03:14 CST 2020

We switched formalin neutralizing solution and I bought the Quantofix formaldehyde test kit to make sure it's working, however it does not mention what color is acceptable for neutralization. The options are 0-10-20- up to 200 MG/L. should it be "0" for acceptable dumping? Also the instructions say to add 10 drops of a sodium hydroxide solution to the solution being tested, wouldn't that change the Ph and make the results not as accurate. This kit is expensive if regular pH strips are better, let me know that too. Thanks for your help. Anne