[Histonet] frozen section/histo duties

Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt at pa-ucl.com
Mon Aug 24 15:12:02 CDT 2020

Hello and Happy Monday-
Would you please share what your processes are for:

  1.  HT's cutting frozen under direct supervision of pathologist - do you do this?
     *   Now HT has changed and requires Associates degree - but previous would be grandfathered in  - correct?
  2.  Non- certified staff working in histology with supervision - anything they DON"T do?
CAP is our guideline and I am reading - want to make sure I am not overthinking this but not missing anything.........
Thoughts appreciated,
Nancy Schmitt HT, MLT(ASCP)
Pathology Support Services Manager