[Histonet] Update info. on old topic?

MARR, Penelope (EAST SUSSEX HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST) penny.marr at nhs.net
Thu Aug 6 04:46:57 CDT 2020

Hi Jeanine,
- Film coverslips scratch very easily.  Any dust in the system will scratch the film.
- Staining is often compromised if the film coverslip needs to be removed.
- Specific storage conditions are required to validate the adhesive on the film.  If the storage conditions are not met the longevity of the tape is not guaranteed.

- Glass is better for photography
- Glass does not scratch as easily
- Less fussy with storage requirements
- Removal does not compromise staining quality.

I hope this helps.

Penny Marr
Senior BMS

C/- Histology