[Histonet] Update info. on old topic?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Wed Aug 5 10:38:14 CDT 2020

Hi Jeanine!

We are using film coverslipping exclusively now and scanning all slides. We moved to film because it dries almost instantly and can be scanned right away. It has worked very well. The only issues, and not specific to film coverslipping,  are that some slides with low contrast sometimes are out of focus. That is primarily IHC slides with low contrast counter stain and low contrast specific staining.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center