[Histonet] Leica's Spectra w/ coverslipper

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:37:51 CDT 2020

Good morning Histopeeps:

We will be receiving our new Spectra H&E Stainer w/ cover slipper the week of May 4th.  This instrument was in negotiations for purchase prior to me coming on board.  I have worked with the older models of Leica’s H&E Stainers, but am unfamiliar with this one.  Could any of you who has this unit be willing to share your thoughts with me.  It’s been several years since I have validated a new H&E stainer.  Do I need to validate the instrument along with validating and optimizing the H&E stains?

Thank you in advance for your information.

Akemi Allison, BS, HTL/HT (ASCP)