[Histonet] job search in Chicago area

Margaryan, Naira naira.margaryan at hsc.wvu.edu
Wed Sep 25 12:03:31 CDT 2019

Hello histonetters,

Please share this email with your colleagues.
I am in a job searching process in Chicago area to be close to my family as my appointment in West Virginia University Research Corporation, Morgantown, WV is coming to an end since my long-standing supervisor is closing her research laboratory.

I have had the privilege of establishing a Research Histology Core in Stanley Manne Children's Research Institute, Chicago, IL as well as a Research Histology Service in West Virginia University Research Corporation, Morgantown, WV, where I have provided histology services to scientists in various disciplines to support their research projects. I have also trained students enrolled in health science programs in the areas of routine histology and animal work.

My experience in cancer research with background in histology and in veterinary medicine has given me a unique opportunity to translate my knowledge from basic science to clinically relevant applications for diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic development as they relate to cancer. My contributions to various research projects have included in vitro and in vivo work of predictive cancer biomarkers. I have been involved in testing novel humanized targeted antibody-based therapy in the treatment of human cancer in xenograft mouse models.

I am confident that my skills and experience would allow me to be a great fit for the research laboratory where I could provide excellent support for a wide range of scientific projects. I am a fast learner, a hard worker and a strong team player.
Furthermore, I am able to transfer a DAKO autostainer and an H&E station as part of my relocation.

My Resume and Curriculum Vitae are available by request and provide the more comprehensive list of my qualifications and accomplishments. I am very interested in meeting to discuss how I can best contribute to the work in research laboratory.

Sincerely,
Naira Margaryan

Naira V. Margaryan, D.V.M., Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist