[Histonet] Tissue processors for electron microscopy

Koepplin, Justin W. Koepplin.Justin at mayo.edu
Fri Sep 13 09:41:15 CDT 2019

Hello,
I'm looking for recommendations or some insider information for tissue processors for electron microscopy specimens.  We are currently using an older Leica EM TP that we are looking to replace/upgrade.  As far as this one and the Lynx II, I haven't seen many options.  I thought I'd try to get a feel for what others are using and what's working.  Currently, we process around 30 specimens/day with a steadily increasing volume.  I believe the mPREP was tried in the past and was not a good fit for the lab due to problems with the mPREP handling very small specimens.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Justin
Development Technologist
Rochester, MN