[Histonet] how to prevent bubbling in pressure cooker for immunohistochemistry procedure

Subash Govender subash.govender at uct.ac.za
Wed Oct 16 04:28:34 CDT 2019

Hi there all

Can anybody please tell me if they have heard of or  perhaps know of a substance that can be placed in the pressure cooker during the antigen retrieval process for immunohistochemistry.  This prevents excessive bubbling and lifting up of sections.  I did somehow come across such info a while back, but seem to have lost it.  Many thanks.

Best Regards
Subash Govender (UCT, Cape Town)
Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.