[Histonet] Use of Freeze Spray in a Cryostat

Victoria Baker bakevictoria at gmail.com
Tue May 28 13:43:38 CDT 2019

Jennifer,

I called Leica as we have 2 cryostats at different locations so we needed
to be sure that we could use our current spray that we get from Leica.

We were told that their spray with the 1,1,1,2 Tetrafluoroethane is safe to
use.
I would therefore check to see what you have in stock and if it is this you
should follow the guidelines on the can.

We do not use spray on possible airborne pathogen cases and we avoid
spraying the specimen directly at all times.

Hope this helps.

Vikki