[Histonet] Processing Schedule- ASP-6025

Greg Dobbin greg.dobbin at gmail.com
Wed May 8 10:59:20 CDT 2019

Great point John!
We do attempt to have all of the specimen handling for our control tissue,
match that of our specimens. However,
tonsillectomies at our hospital are only performed on Thursdays. So we fix
them for 24hrs (until Friday) then process overnight and remove
from the processor on Saturday (we don't typically work Saturdays). And I
have done this a couple of times but can I swear that this particular
tonsil
was handled that way? I cannot ...which I know, points to another
deficiency! :-0  It could very well be that the fixation times of the two
tonsils I am comparing are sufficiently different that they will require
different retrieval times to produce stains of similar intensity.

I also appreciate getting your opinion on the processing schedule. You have
much more experience than I!! Thank you for your insights.
All the best,
Greg