[Histonet] ER/PR Control

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Thu Mar 14 13:50:15 CDT 2019

Hi Barbi -
We are somewhere in-between with our ER/PR Controls.  When performing lot to lot validations, we use our in-house control, which only has a 0 and a 3+, BUT we also use a commercially prepared control that contains 4 cores, 0. 1+, 2+, 3+.  Once the new lot of antibody has been validated against both controls, then we only use our inhouse control with the 0 and 3+.  It just saves on time and money.
Hope this helps, Sincerely, Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory