[Histonet] Artifact IHC

Bliven, Laura M bliven.laura at marshfieldclinic.org
Thu Mar 14 08:58:17 CDT 2019

I have seen an artifact on an Estrogen IHC slide, although rare, our pathologists have also seen it on outreach slides.
It appears somewhat granular and/or dot-like and it is not on the Progesterone slide.
The Estrogen uses a high pH and our Progesterone does not. I assume it's caused by the high pH epitope retrieval, but would like a reference to this theory.
Any ideas?

Laura
Bliven.laura at marshfieldclinic.org

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.