[Histonet] Ventana dispensers - last word

Victoria Baker bakevictoria at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:39:21 CST 2019

Terri,

We went through hell with the Roche dispensers in late 2017 to early 2018.
The only thing positive I have to say is that the field engineer and our
FAS are great.  I have little respect for the sales staff or inside
support.

We pay top dollar for these instruments and the required reagents and all
Roche shows they are truly concerned with is the next sale

We also had a sit-down with their scientific people as well,  and here we
are again.  We haven't had the magnitude of failures this time but it is
disheartening to see that what they said they were going to fix has not
been fixed.

I was also wondering why they would send product failure notifications to
clinicians and not to the laboratories that are using the reagents.  I got
a notification from one of our oncology groups - but I never received one
in our lab.

Ventana doesn't exist and I miss that very much.  With each buy out,
merger or supposed partnership that I see with suppliers and manufacturers
things are turned more to the bottom line and in the end the patient
suffers and it's wrong.

But that's big business.

Vikki

On Mar 5, 2019 3:05 PM, "Terri Braud via Histonet" <