[Histonet] IHC mouse optomization

Ana Maluenda Ana.Maluenda at baker.edu.au
Sun Jun 16 20:20:18 CDT 2019

Hi Blanca,

It all depends on what you are trying to stain, how the tissue has been harvested/processed and what are your antibodies. If you are trying to use a primary mouse on mouse tissue, that is always tricky. You will need to probably explore your options with M.O.M kits. Otherwise, you may need to check your primary and secondaries. If you are using a secondary that is rat anti-mouse, you may also need to use an absorbed mouse secondary, to avoid too much non-specific staining.

Kind regards,

Ana

Ana Maluenda
Research Assistant/Laboratory Manager
Atherothrombosis and Vascular Biology Laboratory

Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
75 Commercial Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
P (03) 8532 1359 E Ana.Maluenda at baker.edu.au W www.baker.edu.au