[Histonet] Victoria blue for lung tissue

Bob Richmond rsrichmond at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 13:10:40 CDT 2019

Amy (where?) asks: >>I was asked to do Victoria Blue stain on rodent FFPE
lung tissue to exam thickness of artery. Could anybody recommend a good
vendor of this reagent kit?<<

You can get Victoria Blue R (Colour Index 44040) from Sigma-Aldrich and
several others. I couldn't find anyone who offers a kit, only the dry dye.
There are other dyes called Victoria Blue, reported to give the same
results.

You'd have to find a method for preparing it as an elastic stain, and I
couldn't find such a method either with Google or in my old books. The
requester needs to supply you with a method. I suspect the requester is
reading an old article. There are stains for elastic tissue (which is I
suppose what you want to "exam thickness of artery") that are a lot easier
to get.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN