[Histonet] ER/PR question

Greg Dobbin greg.dobbin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:51:59 CST 2019

Hi Karen,
As mentioned by others "decay" is not likely going to be an issue. More
concerning for you could be not knowing how those tissues were handled
prior to processing 10 years ago.

Presumably, you now track cold ischemic times and have standardized your
fixation protocols for breast tissues and you have validated your IHC
procedures with these current parameters. If your lab was like many others
10 years ago, these parameters were probably not maintained so rigorously.
So interpretation of a negative result may be problematic.

Having said that, there is the internal control for both ER and PR. It
seems to me that if the internal control is staining adequately, then
perhaps interpretation will not be an issue. I am curious, does anyone have
a different take on relying the internal control as a guide in this
particular situation??
Greg

--
*Greg Dobbin*
1205 Pleasant Grove Rd

*Everything in moderation...even moderation itself**!*