[Histonet] plural fluid prep

Amos Brooks amosbrooks at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 11:30:30 CST 2019

> Hi Michelle,
    Pleural fluid lasts a fairly long time if you don't centrifuge it and
leave it in suspension. Of course it will last even longer if properly
fixed. I have returned to a stored (unfixed) pleural fluid for
retrospective testing up to a week later.
     The longer you let it sit though, the more complications can occur
like bacterial growth and further call division or death depending on
what's going on in the fluid.

Amos Brooks