[Histonet] plural fluid prep

John Garratt john.garratt at ciqc.ca
Wed Dec 18 13:38:48 CST 2019

The cells have been living quite nicely in a natural culture medium at 37c so putting the pleural fluid at 4c will preserve the cells for a number of days. I do not think I would want to go past 3 to 4 days, but that is just the limit of my experience revisiting old ascitic fluid specimens.
You could use alcohol to preserve the specimen longer but not knowing what your experiment is I am loath to offer an opinion on that.

John

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile