[Histonet] tissue blocks stored in cooler C for 2wks - any successwith IHC?

Brett Connolly brettmc31 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 22 11:14:21 CDT 2019

Merissa,
I have done tons of IHC assays on frozen tissues, including many procured from commercial tissue banks. My experience has been that the most of the time the microscopic morphology is terrible (abysmal if it is brain tissue). Cells are always blown open from slow freezing. It’s bad enough that there is a 2 week PMI…add to that storage at 4C instead of at least -20C (best would be -80C) and IMO it’s a recipe for failure. Wouldn’t touch that tissue no way, no how…well maybe if they paid ME I would take it and try to use it for autoradiography or something.
Just my opinion.

Brett Connolly HTL (ASCP), PhD

Sent from Mail for Windows 10