[Histonet] tissue blocks stored in cooler C for 2wks - any success with IHC?

M.O. modz9636 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 10:22:49 CDT 2019

Good morning!

We are working with a tissue bank that is only able to procure tissue
blocks from donors that have postmortem intervals of 2wks or more. The
storage conditions are in a cooler (I believe 4C), the block will be
procured and frozen and we will harvest the tissue from that block once we
thaw it. We plan to use these samples for histological purposes only.

Has anyone had success with IHC on donors/tissues that were stored in 4C
for 2wks or more? Will the integrity of the cells and proteins be okay?

Thank you,
Merissa