[Histonet] Plus Slides

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 06:47:23 CDT 2019

Good morning Histo Peeps!

I would like to get information on where you are getting your Plus Slides for IHC.  We are currently getting our (+) charged slides from Cardinal Health and they have little or no charge.  We currently have 2 Ventana IHC Instruments, as well a Special Stainer.  We are having tissues falling partially and completely off even on the SS Stainer. Also, I realize Ventana will not back the IHC results unless the end user uses a particular brand of (+) charged slides.

Years ago when I worked at Biocare Medical I used to QC our Kling-On Slides before selling them by checking to see if the sections indeed stuck to the slides without any lifting on each lot.  I realize that positive charged slides have an expiration life, and these slides are newer lot numbers within their expiration.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Akemi Allison, BS, HT/HTL (ASCP)