[Histonet] (no subject)

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Thu Aug 15 09:41:54 CDT 2019

Rhonda, that is unfortunate. It seems with the shortage of histotechs in most places that experience would be valued. Certainly you qualify since you were certified under the rules at the time. But institutions can set their own requirements as well which may be more strict. I wonder if your applications are being kicked out by automated programs that simply reject applications if they don't find certain terms.  Maybe the managers in the department never even see your application. I have had applicants in this situation and work with my HR department to have them clear such applicants so I can at least get them in the system for consideration even if they don't meet all requirements.

Maybe try to find out real people to contact at the institutions pathology department and deliver resumes directly to them rather than thru the online application system they may have. That way they can have their HR send your application through.

Tim Morken