[Histonet] DAB enhaced with Nickel Sulfate Ammonium

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 12:11:41 CDT 2019

 Better try another counterstaining. Will be easier in the long run.René
    On Monday, August 5, 2019, 01:08:38 PM EDT, Alonso Martínez Canabal via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

   Good Afternoon.
        It is great to be in this list again. My first e-mail is to ask
your advise about a little problem that we have in the lab.
      We are doing immunohistochemistry in brain tissue using DAB enhanced
with nickel ammonium sulfate. The result is great, with a very clean signal
in 50um thickness brain sections. Our problem is that later we do some
counterstaining with methyl green. It is purified with chorophorm and in pH
4.2 in Acetate buffer. We clearly see the green nuclei and the
immunoreactive cells, but apparently, after the counterstaining, the
dark-purple-blackish precipitate is gone and we can only see regular brown
DAB.
    What do you think?
  I wonder if it is the pH of the Methyl green, but I am kind of lost here.
 Any advise?
    Thank you very much
          Dr. Alonso

--