[Histonet] biopsy staining

Betsy Molinari BMolinari at texasheart.org
Fri Apr 26 07:21:48 CDT 2019

Hi,
I have researched the archives but still have concerns. I have some very small pieces of tissue that are in 70% ETOH.  Should I mark them with eosin or safranin O? From what I have read the tissues were still in formalin, and mine are already in alcohol. Can they still be marked? At the moment they are not planning to do florescence, but I would like to keep that option open.
Thanks,
Betsy Molinari, HT (ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute
6770 Bertner Ave
Houston, TX 77030
832-355-6524 (lab)
832-355-6812 (fax)

Betsy Molinari
Sr. Histology Research Technician
CV Pathology

Texas Heart Institute
6770 Bertner Avenue, MC 1-283
Houston, TX 77030

Office: 832-355-6524 | Fax: 832-355-6812
Email: BMolinari at texasheart.org
texasheart.org<https://www.texasheart.org/> | facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Texas.Heart.Institute> | twitter<https://twitter.com/Texas_Heart>

This email and attachments contain information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender at once and delete this message completely from your information system. Further use, disclosure, or copying of information contained in this email is not authorized, and any such action should not be construed as a waiver of privilege or other confidentiality protections.