[Histonet] Retic staining

Charles Riley criley at dpspa.com
Mon Apr 22 13:56:38 CDT 2019

I am having trouble getting my retic stain to come out strong. It is
working but Pathologists are saying they shouldn't have to go to high power
just to see it (and I agree).

I am using a brand new American MasterTech Chandler's Precision kit. I have
followed all the steps correctly (one difficulty is getting the Ammonium
hydroxide to go drop by drop so this may be the issue).

I have tried staining longer in ammoniacal silver. more time in 20%
formalin,  more and less time in gold chloride and sodium thiosulfate.

If anyone has any suggestions or uses this kit with time modifications
please let me know. Willing to try anything to get it working.

--

Charles Riley BS  HT, HTL(ASCP)CM

Histopathology Coordinator/ Mohs