[Histonet] Repeats in IHC

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Mon Oct 29 08:55:43 CDT 2018

Our repeat limits differ.  If it is due to tissue falling off, we will try at least 3 times
If it is due to unexpected, but within control, we will repeat it 2 times
Then if it is still problematic for the above 2, we will send out the block for staining.
If it is due to technical error (wrong block, wrong stain) we will perform the stain until correct, and it better not be more than once, LOL

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874
Care, Comfort, and Heal
Today's Topics:

   1. Histotechs abroad? (Wellen, Terry :LLS Lab)
   2. Re: Frozen sections and cold acetone (Hobbs, Carl)
   3. REPEATS IN IHC (Kurth Virginia L.)
   4. Re: REPEATS IN IHC (Rene J Buesa)

Message: 3