[Histonet] REPEATS IN IHC

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 08:48:06 CDT 2018

Ginny:It seems you are asking for a "problem" average and that will vary per laboratory and how the whole process is carried out.Section washed out from the slide usually is consequence of poor processing or sectioning and has nothing to do with IHC, although, perhaps, a wrongly performed HIER can cause it.Wrong block is a mistake also having nothing to do with IHC and is always caused by an inattentive HT not paying attention to the process.My point is that, essentially, the lab should try to get to "0" mistakes and any one has to be documented in the QC record but it will be interesting to find out the "mistakes rate" you find and I think you should share it with all.René