[Histonet] Slide Barcode Reader Fault on Ventana BenchMark Ultras

MARR, Penelope (EAST SUSSEX HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST) penny.marr at nhs.net
Tue Oct 16 10:39:33 CDT 2018

Greetings All!
We have 2 BenchMark Ultras that have been on-site for almost 2 years.  Since we transferred our routine work onto these modules we constantly get error messages pertaining to the slide barcode reader.  It often implies that there is a problem with the slide barcode.  Often, if it is transferred to another drawer it will read the barcode without problem and start the run.  Other times we give up and go home and when we return in the morning the module will read the barcode without issue.  Sometimes just moving the slide to the other module does the trick.

It is not uncommon for one run to go through without problem but when we try to add another it has a tantrum and won't read most of the slide barcodes.  Changing the barcode itself often makes the situation worse.

Add in the problems with faulty dispensers and we are growing to dread having to use these machines.

Has anybody else had these problems?  Does anyone have any possible solutions?

Penny :)

Penny Marr
Senior BMS

Histology