[Histonet] [EXTERNAL] Re: Pinning Gross Specimens

Porter, Douglas Douglas.Porter at sparrow.org
Thu Nov 1 12:47:38 CDT 2018

Bryan's advice is spot on.  We do the same thing and cut the paraffin into sizes we need.
With some specimens, you can pin them down and return them to the containers they arrived in.
Provided they arrive in containers appropriate for the size of the specimen...wink, wink!!

Douglas A. Porter, HT (ASCP)
Pathologist Assistant
Anatomic Pathology IT Coordinator

Sparrow Center for Laboratory Medicine