[Histonet] IHC validation

Allan Wang allanw at biomax.us
Thu Mar 22 13:01:50 CDT 2018

How are labs validating for rarer biomarkers like ALK, ROS1, or MMR loss?
Following the guideline of 10 positive cases may be difficult.
I've seen other companies with control slides just with a few engineered
cell lines as positive and negative controls. Is that enough for validation
alone?

We are creating TMAs for validation of ALK and MMR loss (MLH1, PMS2, MSH6,
MSH2) so I am interested in knowing how many cases are desired.

Allan

Allan Wang
Lab Manager
US Biomax