[Histonet] Cassette chucks and blade holders

Gordon Brown gordon at 10db.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 05:18:34 CDT 2018

As an amateur microscopist I've made a few posts to Histonet over the years
and received some very helpful advice on text books etc and I mentioned in
my last series of posts that I'm restoring several old microtomes that have
come my way. I've been given a box of cassettes for these and wonder if
there are any labs out there who have any redundant, or possibly damaged but
working cassette chucks and replaceable blade holders that may be suitable
for older Leitz and Reichert microtomes? I have three Reicherts and a Leitz
but only one blade holder that is suitable and no cassette chucks at all.
Happy to consider any possibilities! I'm in the UK but again happy to sort
out postage costs etc.

Gordon