[Histonet] Special stains and hoods

Logan, Shannon Shannon.Logan at bellin.org
Wed Aug 22 10:12:58 CDT 2018

That is certainly an odd request…
I have never performed any special stains under a hood
any place I have ever worked.
Always done on a counter top near a sink…
Is someone in your department extremely sensitive to odors? Or have asthma?
We have a tech who experiences attacks if there are certain chemicals in the air however,
she has never complained about the special stains odors.

Shannon H. Logan  B.S., HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Department

Bellin Health Memorial Hospital
744 South Webster Avenue