[Histonet] Specimen cooling during sectioning

Dr. Michael Gudo (Morphisto GmbH) michael.gudo at morphisto.de
Mon Aug 13 12:21:16 CDT 2018

Hello Histonetters,

since the summer in Germany is recently quite warm I want to ask about your experiences with specimen cooling during and before sectioning via microtome? Does anyone use Leica CoolClamp or similar cooling units? What do you think about this? Our experience is, that cooling is quite good for sectioning, but the recent tools like CoolClamp or CoolCut do not perform significant cooling, so we tried to construct something more efficient. Now our question is, if this would be of broader interest?

Kind regards
Michael