[Histonet] Iron Stain

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 8 12:42:05 CDT 2018

1% neutral red in 0.01% acetic acid (1 mL of 1% per 100 mL stain) works,
as does 1% safranin. Both are stable, although should be filtered from
time to time. Stain 1 minute, water rinse, ethanol, xylene and mount
should work. I had one pathologist who preferred a very light
progressive H&E. She said she was interested in increased amounts of
iron and normal amounts not being glaringly obvious didn't bother her.

Bryan Llewellyn