[Histonet] Attwood tip

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Mon Apr 9 12:36:57 CDT 2018

Have you tried Polyphenyl Yellow 8G instead of Tartrazine?  Just a suggestion

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874
Care, Comfort, and Heal

Today's Topics:
   1. Attwood's tips please (Finlay Finlay)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 12:40:45 +0000
From: Finlay Finlay <Finlay.Finlay at glasgow.ac.uk>
Subject: [Histonet] Attwood's tips please
Hello,
I'm trying to work up an Attwood's  method but would be keen to get a guide on time for the differentiation step in tartrazine solution. The method I'm using suggests 20 minutes at the longest with regular microscope checks. I'm currently at about 4 hours with only slight loss of colour in the RBC's. I know that the tartrazine solution will work eventually as the slides I left in over the weekend became fully decolourised but those time scales are unworkable.
Thanks,

Finlay Finlay

Senior Histology Technician
Forensic Medicine and Science
School of Medicine
College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences University of Glasgow Joseph Black building

Direct Line: +44 (0) 141 3303443
E-mail: finlay.finlay at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:finlay.finlay at glasgow.ac.uk>

The University of Glasgow Charity Number SC004401

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and delete any local copy from your machine. E-mails are not necessarily secure. Forensic Medicine & Science (FMS) does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message expressed by others or which do not relate to the official business of FMS shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by FMS. It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute nor form part of any contract or unilateral obligation unless the contrary is specifically stated in this e-mail and authorised by FMS.